Monday, August 6, 2012

A Different Studio, a Different Mat

After six weeks of having returned to Kinoshita Circus, I finally restarted my exercise regimen. It's been a habit to do some asana after the rope jumping and body weight exercises to round out the rough edges and get some active stretching in. (For the record, my main poison is yang yoga sequences and a few other poses.) I was in the state of mind to take advantage of the nice weather, so I did my second set of rope jumping outside and then proceeded to the yang sequences.

The sun was setting. The breeze was blowing. In between yang sequences I briefly bobbed my head to the Fu-Schnickens track that was on my playlist. Through the music, I could hear the sound of the lions roaring in their regular early evening chorus.

As far as studios and mats go, that was a really cool moment. I'm thankful I could have my wits about me enough to take it in and appreciate it. What an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment