Monday, March 29, 2010

Small Changes

The last calendar year can be characterized yoga-wise as being sporadic. I'm going to change that and get back on track. Granted, as I mentioned in an earlier blog, this down-time has given me much cause for reflection and a different tack for the idea of practice. As such, I am now in a good position to change yet another thing: how I approach a project.

Usually, I jump in with lots of vigor and dogged intention. When I do this, I push and push myself, sometimes resulting in frustration or even injury. This time, I'm going to take things more easily. Not lazily, not with any less intent, but by doing a small thing or two each day. By making smaller, more consistent changes, I may find that I achieve my goals or at least certain ones with a lot more ease than through my personal tradition of powering through.

In fact, I've already begun before I had thought about it. Every day after the show my work partner Kelly and I have made it a point to juggle together. Through no particular effort, we wind up spending at least a half hour each session. These practices have capitalized on the prior months of work and I've experienced a number of realizations or noticeable leaps of improvement both physically and mentally.

Now I'll see how it goes with other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment