Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fly, Away!

A little something from this morning's practice:

There is a fly in my room and it's been here since yesterday, likely let in during the couple of hours I had my door open because the weather was nice. I've pretty much thought not to just all-out kill it like I normally would. As I was finishing my practice in savasana, the fly was buzzing around and landing on me. I would invariably shake the offended limb and the fly would zoom around and find another place to land on me.

After a few go-arounds of that, I thought, "What if I didn't shake it off? What problem would there be? Probably not much of one." So the next time it landed, I didn't shake. I "forced" my muscles to stay still. I steeled myself against the sensation of those six tiny legs skittering around on my skin, then just let it continue. It started to tickle. I laughed and then decided that laughter was a good place to end my morning practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment