Thursday, April 15, 2010

Influx, Reflux

For better or for worse, my Yoga Journal subscription has kicked in and now my Dad forwards it to me with the rest of my magazines.. The only reason I say "for worse" is because I wonder if I really need another magazine subscription. I let Smithsonian lapse and then eventually picked up YJ, but have been considering picking up Smithsonian again. Stupid literacy and interest!

Even better, this morning I did about a half hour of yoga, maybe 35 minutes. It felt good, of course and I felt good afterward. I did my first downward dog (adho mukha svanasana – I'm working on gradually knowing the sanskrit names of poses) in months and it felt good, with tightness and resistance in the places I expected to feel them. Chalk one up for taking notice of the body, even throughout the lull.

I'm slowly working my way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment