Saturday, July 31, 2010

Balance

Muh.

Just yesterday I decided that I would start something reminiscent of an exercise/workout schedule again. Yoga helps, but it's not enough. I'm going through some stress right now and yoga and attempts at meditation are fine and dandy, but exercise also works for me. It's a way of transforming stress and frustration into a building force. And personally, I feel better about myself and the way I look when I have some muscle definition. I like to look like I use my body for something more than just carrying around my head. My body is a tool and a vessel and I feel that I should maintain its appearance as well as it operational capabilities.

This re-introduces a challenge I have been thinking about. I like to have a little more muscle mass on my body, but I also would like to be more flexible than I am. I have discovered and experienced improvement in my flexibility in yoga, but I want more flexibility. I feel rigid and far more limited than I wish to be. If I increase my muscle mass, I sacrifice some flexibility.

I don't think it has to be that way. It has been so, but I don't think it has to be that way. I know I can feel good as well as look good. I guess this means more mental yoga coming my way, as if I had a shortage of that.

Does it ever stop? It seems like I'm less able to help myself than I am other people. If could be as supportive and patient with myself as I can other people, I think I'd be a lot happier.

2 comments:

  1. To increase flexibility, I suggest taking ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to take ballet in elementary school! It's been years!

    ReplyDelete